Saturday, August 20, 2011

Wanted: Hansome male, 20-25 years old, strong with a sense of humor (age can be negotiated up)

First thing I would like to address is the title of this blog.

Lets start with the first word. Why travelling? Well, as of Monday I'm off to Europe on an exchange program! First stop the Netherlands, where I will be surrounded by giants (The Dutch are the tallest people in the world and I am a mere 5'4, on a good day). I will also have to try Mary Jane's brownies, since they are the talk of Amsterdam.

Why Granny? Well, I've been told by mutltiple people that I dress like a 60-year-old. I take this as a compliment.Yes, I am obsessed with floral, lace and crochet but I'm not the only one. I also spent 100 dollars at Value Village after my 19th birthday, mostly on "ugly wool sweaters". This could also be called hipster, but I like granny better. Do I pull it off? Hell yes, I am one sexy grandmother ;)

I am currently attempting to pack my life into three bags (two checked and one carry-on), and unless I wanna pay a whopping $15 for every extra kg, they cannot exceed a total of 77lbs. For someone who takes triple the amount of clothes needed when going away for a weekend (I honestly just want options, what if I don't feel like wearing the outfit I picked out for that day?) you can imagine the horror of my current situation.

So, if I ever figure out how to do this, my next step will be figuring out how my tiny frame is going to transport all of it to my destination. Being a girl, I could easily convince a beautiful man to help me, yes man, not boy. I'm tired of boys. On the other hand, being the independent person that I am I want to prove that I can do this daunting task all by my lonesome. I am moving half-way across the world by myself, so this should be a piece of cake.

I'll let you know if the independent side of me caved to the damsel in distress, for now, back to packing

No comments:

Post a Comment